Care & Maintenance
How to battle mildew on your boat top or marine canvas enclosure?
- Top fabrics should be cleaned and dried before applying a lysol spray. This will help with any mildew problems you might have. It, however, is not a cure.
- You may also use an IOSSO mold and mildew stain remover. Please contact us to purchase this product.
How to maintain marine canvas to ensure longevity?
- The real key to canvas longevity is like all things in life, maintenance. Keep your canvas clean of dust, dirt and environmental residue on a regular basis
- Top fabrics should be cleaned of any dirt buildup at regular intervals.
- We recommend applying a mild, lukewarm soap solution, such as a liquid dishwashing soap, with a soft brush or sponge. Water temperature is not to exceed 100?F. DO NOT allow the soap to dry.
- The fabric must then be carefully rinsed with clear water in order to remove any remaining soap residue. Allow canvas to dry thoroughly. DO NOT USE DETERGENTS!
- The use of abrasive detergents and/or substrates containing solvents or gasoline will damage the fabric. If using high-pressure or steam-cleaning devices, use caution as improper use could damage the vinyl coating and/or fabric.
- If your boat top is acrylic it will be necessary to ?retreat? your top for water repellency. Be careful which solutions you use, as not all are recommended by the fabric manufacturer.
- Using harsh chemicals, etc could void the fabric warranty on your top if not recommended by the manufacturer.
DO NOT PUT MARINE CANVAS IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD DRYER. DO NOT DRY CLEAN BOAT CANVAS.
How to treat and clean stains from Sunbrella ® branded fabric?
- Use a 303 Protectant Fabric Guard to restore lasting water repellency to Sunbrella boat covers, tops and enclosures.
- Click here to view a list of recommended cleaning solutions for stains appearing on your Sunbrella ® canvas
How to maintain zippers and hardware?
- Lubricate zippers periodically using a clear silicone spray. Spray silicone on to the zipper and work the zipper back and forth.
- Lubricate fasteners periodically using a clear silicone spray to keep corrosion to a minimum. Replace any missing fasteners or fasteners that show signs of corrosion.
- Do not use petroleum based products; i.e. petroleum jelly.